To set up ConnectWise as your PSA system through PRISM Connect, please follow the below steps before moving on to the next phase.
Enable the Miscellaneous Product Category, Sub-Category and Product Types
Enable the Miscellaneous product category, sub-category, and product type, these are used as the default categories when creating products in the ConnectWise product catalog
- Navigate to the System > Setup Tables
- Search for the table name "Category"
- Click on the table name to open the table and view its contents.
- Click on the “Miscellaneous” item and ensure the “Inactive” checkbox is unchecked
- Save the changes
- Repeat the steps 3-4 shown above but for the "Subcategory" table and Subcategory item "Miscellaneous"
- Repeat the steps 3-4 shown above but for the "Product Type" table and Product Type item "Miscellaneous"
If either the Category "Miscellaneous", Subcategory
"Miscellaneous" or Product Type
"Miscellaneous" does not exist, please create them (starting this the category, then subcategory; then product type).
Enable the Unit of Measure (UOM) "Each"
Enable the “Each” unit of measure (UOM) this is used as the default UOM when creating products in the ConnectWise product catalog. Like the categories previously this item must exist for PRISM Connect to successfully create products in ConnectWise.