You will need to configure which programs to sync to AutoTask. At this stage, only Microsoft CSP is available, but other programs may become available in the future.
Once you have configured a program to Sync, the program will show as a menu item, allowing you to quickly navigate and configure the program sync.
PRISM Connect will create a service in AutoTask for each product in PRISM Connect, unless the sync mode is In Use Products Only, in which case a subset will be synced based on usage.
The service name will contain the product SKU and can be renamed after the first sync. The services added by PRISM Connect can be identified by the prefix “PC_” followed by the product SKU. PRISM Connect will continue to update the service based on the service id. Only the service unit price and unit cost will be updated after the first sync.
If a service is deleted in AutoTask, PRISM Connect will create an equivalent service on the next sync. If a service no longer exists in PRISM Connect, sync will NOT remove the service from AutoTask.
New services added by PRISM Connect are active. If a service that is synced by PRISM Connect is set inactive, PRISM Connect will continue to sync that service, but the service will remain inactive.
PRISM Connect works by syncing invoices from a PRISM Customer/Tenant to a Contract for an AutoTask account. You must have the AutoTask accounts and contracts set up prior to this step.
- Locate the Prism Customer you wish to map. You may use the sorted headers on the Customers table, or type into the search filter box. Once you have located the Customer, you must first map it to AutoTask before you can turn on Sync. This is the ‘pencil’ icon.
- Clicking edit will open a window to map to the existing AutoTask Customer/Agreement.
- Select target Customer and Agreement from drop down
- Select from the drop down which Pricing Strategy you wish to use:
- Sync cost and retail pricing (the default and original strategy)
- Only sync cost pricing (resulting in only quantity and cost price changes being sent to AutoTask)
- Don't sync any pricing (resulting in only quantity changes being sent to AutoTask)
- Don't sync any pricing when updating (behaves like 'Sync cost and retail pricing' for new additions and 'Don't sync any pricing on updates')
- Select Sync Start Date in UTC time zone
- If you wish to turn the sync on immediately, ensure the Sync switch is on, otherwise turn it off. If you have turned Sync on, you may SAVE and let the background processing perform the sync, or you may choose to SAVE AND SYNC NOW. Doing so will save the current mapping and immediately perform a sync for this customer.
- After setting up the Customer sync, you can preview the Product Sync results by selecting the Products tab
Billing in Advance
Billing in advance is not recommended, however, you may be able to achieve it with the following steps.
1. Sync the most recent invoices for a customer in AutoTask
2. Manually update the ContractService to ensure quantities are correct
3. At the start of the billing period, update the quantity to the quantity from the previous step
4. Generate the invoice.